In my never-ending quest for a more natural beauty routine, I’ve been on the hunt for an easy, natural face mask that isn’t filled with tons of chemicals and actually works.
I’m happy to report the hunt is over!
If you’ve wondered if Manuka honey lives up to its hype, the answer is yes, it does. And then some.
Benefits Of A Manuka Honey For Your Skin
1. Clearer skin: The antibacterial properties of Manuka honey can naturally kill acne-causing bacteria.
2. Soothed skin: The anti-inflammatory and healing properties of Manuka soothe your skin and can reduce redness.
3. Glowing skin: The enzymes provide a gentle exfoliation, leaving your skin baby soft and glowing.
4. Moisturized skin: There’s something oddly moisturizing about a Manuka honey face mask, which I believe comes from the emollient properties of the honey.
5. A safe treatment for your skin: Manuka honey is 100% natural, so you don’t have to worry about toxic chemicals sinking into your skin. Honey contains pollen and of course, comes from bees, so avoid this face mask if you’re allergic to bees.
How To Do A 1-Ingredient Manuka Honey Face Mask
Use this one to two times per week to get the best results.
1. Start with clean skin. Some people like to use the Manuka as the actual cleanser, but I find this works best if you start with clean skin.
2. After cleansing, use your fingers to spread about 1 tablespoon of high-quality Manuka honey over your entire face in a thick layer. Cover your neck and chest too if you can.
3. Let it sit for 20 minutes and let it work its magic. This is a great time to do a castor oil hair growth scalp treatment, do a few quick chores, or just relax with a good book. Even better, hop in a hot Epsom salt bath with these incredible homemade bath salts.
Your body heat will warm the honey so it might drip a little. Wear something that washes easy and be careful where you sit in your house.
4. After 20 minutes rinse it off and enjoy the glow. Use a soft washcloth with warm water to remove the honey.
5. Follow-up with a serum or any other skin treatments in your normal beauty routine. I usually finish with a paraben-free moisturizer to lock it all in.
Manuka honey is also great for digestion and your overall health. I add 1/4 of a teaspoon to my coffee or tea in the morning, too.