Over time, if your coffee maker is not cleaned regularly and carefully, it can reduce the deliciousness and bouquet of your cup of joe. Moreover, it may produce a bitter, acrid taste that is difficult to drink. Surely everyone does not like to drink a cup like that.
But when it comes to cleaning, not everyone knows the proper method. So how to clean a KitchenAid coffee maker? Let’s discover how to do it through the article below!
It needs to be cleaned when there are the following signs:
1. The notification light glows. This function is only available on some models. It would be best to do it sooner before the alarm lights up.
2. When using the device, it emits a strange sound like creaking.
3. Strange taste.
4. There is plaque and white residue on the device.
There are many ways to do it. Now, we will introduce you to some of the ways that can be done easily and quickly below.
This is an interesting way because Alka Seltzer is a medicine used to treat stomach diseases, but it can be utilized as a cleaning agent. In addition, this drug can also work for other machines such as rice cookers or washing machines.
The procedure is as follows:
1. Put about 4 of these pills in the container and pour in approximately 10 ounces of water.
2. Let this mixture sit for a while so that they can clean every nook and cranny of the machine.
3. Eliminate Alka Seltzer by running water for 2 to 3 turns.
You can employ either white vinegar or apple cider vinegar. The acetic acid in these solutions can wash away residual stains and kill mold and bacteria. If you choose apple cider vinegar, you need to double the amount.
1. Mix the water and vinegar (1:1 ratio), pour the solution into the reservoir.
2. Activate a brewing (or cleaning if any) cycle.
3. Then, remove the mixture and continue to run 1-2 cycles with clean water to completely eliminate the vinegar odor at the end of the process.
Here’s an alternative for those who don’t like vinegar. The process is similar, but we will utilize lemon juice for the same acidic effect.
Follow the steps below:
1. Mix the cleaning solution into the water and put it in the container. Turn the machine on so that the solution can do its job.
2. Then, discard this mixture and continue to run it through about 2 cycles with only water to remove the detergent. Complete the process.
Due to the amount of hard water you use, it may contain some mineral components. After a period of use, these substances stick to the machine, causing deposits that make the water temperature to decrease, resulting in poor-quality flavor.
If the machine is not cleaned regularly, it can become a place for harmful bacteria to grow since the environment in the hot and humid machine is suitable for their growth. So you need to clean them on a regular basis to make the product safer to use.
The KitchenAid coffee maker will accumulate impurities that reduce the product’s taste. That’s why you need to do cleaning regularly.
According to the survey, you should do it at least once a month to ensure the quality of the machine and the coffee flavor.
We hope that you can know how to clean a KitchenAid coffee maker through the useful information from the above article. To sum up, you can make use of the Alka Seltzer pellets, vinegar, lemon juice, or an appliance cleaner. Let’s do it right now to make your device work like new!