If you love a crispy coating on your fried chicken then this recipe is a must-try.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1 ½ cups beer or water
- 1 (3 pounds) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- In one medium bowl, mix together 3 cups of flour, garlic salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper, paprika, and poultry seasoning. In a separate bowl, stir together 1 1/3 cups flour, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, egg yolks, and beer. You may need to thin with additional beer if the batter is too thick.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Moisten each piece of chicken with a little water, then dip in the dry mix. Shake off excess and dip in the wet mix, then dip in the dry mix once more.
- Carefully place the chicken pieces in the hot oil. Fry for 15 to 18 minutes, or until well browned. Smaller pieces will not take as long. Large pieces may take longer. Remove and drain on paper towels before serving.
I hope that this recipe is helpful to you in learning how to make the best crispy fried chicken. This is a great dish to prepare for any event, and it makes a simple change from your normal eating routine. So have fun with this chicken recipe and enjoy it!